The Curzon Memories App has been featured in the following press and competitions (in alphabetical order):
- AppCircus 2012
- BBC Radio Bristol, The Breakfast Show with Ali Vowles
- BBC Radio 4 You and Yours
- British Universities Film and Video Council Learning On Screen Award 2013 (Winner of Non-Broadcast Multimedia Award)
- Film Studies for Free
- Guardian Apps Rush
- The Pervasive Media Cookbook
The Curzon Memories App has also been disseminated widely at a range of academic conferences:
- The Curzon Memories Project: Reflections On The First Iteration’ at the Open Studio Lunchtime Talk, Pervasive Media Studio, Bristol, March (invited).
- ‘The Curzon Memories App: Designing a Screen Heritage Experience’, at Centre for Media and Cultural Research, Birmingham City University, May (invited, plus expenses).
- ‘Adding it Up and Making it Count… or How to Write a Research “Route Map” for REF 2014’, Conservatoire of Dance and Drama Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy Seminar, May (invited).
- ‘Spatialising the Archive: Dramatisation, Oral History and Locative Heritage in the Curzon Memories App’ at IMTAL International Museum and Theatre Alliance Conference, Bristol, October (invited).
- ‘The Curzon Memories App – Shifting Practices, from Filmmaking to Experience Design’ MA Masterclass, University of Sussex Department of Media, Film and Music, October (invited, plus fee and expenses).
- Presentation on ‘The Curzon Memories App’, with Curzon Education Officer, Cathy Poole for MovIES (Moving Image Education Specialists) Network, BFI Southbank, November (invited, plus expenses).
- ‘The Curzon Creative Technologies Project: Context Aware Media in a Screen Heritage Context’ at MeCCSA Annual Conference, University of Salford, Jan.
- ‘Technologies of Being: Pervasive Heritage’ at ‘Postdigital Encounters: Creativity and Improvisation’, JMP Symposium, UWE/Watershed, Bristol, June. Video available at: http://www.vimeo.com/26491086
- ‘Pervasive Screens: Transforming the Consumption of Cinema History with the Curzon Heritage App’, Screen, University of Glasgow, July
- ‘Technologies of Seeing the Past: The Curzon Memories App’, Electronic and Visual Arts Conference (http://www.eva-london.org), British Computer Society, London, July. Article published in the peer-reviewed conference proceedings: http://ewic.bcs.org/content/ConMediaFile/17872.
- Poster: ‘“You Must Remember This”: Using Mobile Technologies to Celebrate the History of the Cinema with the Curzon Memories App’, plus exhibit of the Projection Hero installation, MeCCSA Annual Conference, Jan, Winner of the Poster Prize.
- ‘Geo-spatial and Geo-temporal documentary: The Curzon Memories App, City Strata and The Cinemap Layer’, i-docs, Watershed Media Centre, March (invited).
- ‘Designing Heritage Apps’ (with Jo Reid, Calvium) to Bristol City Council’s Historic Environment Record and English Heritage.
- Keynote: ‘Being T/here: Locative Experience Design and the Importance of Armchair Mode’, Environmental Utterance Conference, University College, Falmouth, Sept (invited, plus fee and expenses).
- ‘Cinemapping: Locative Experience Design and Screen Heritage’, Cinematic Battersea Symposium, University of Liverpool, 5 October (invited, plus expenses)
- Keynote: ‘“Old Wine in New Bottles”: Researching Cinema Heritage Through Pervasive Media’, Besides the Screen, Goldsmiths, 1-2 December (invited plus expenses).
- ‘Location, Location, Location: Situating Cinema Memories with the Curzon Memories App and the Lost Cinemas of Castle Park’, Differential Mobilities Conference, Mobile Media Lab, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, 8-11 May.
- ‘Cinemapping’ HOMER Workshop (History of Moving-image Exhibition and Reception Network), Prague, June (invited).
- ‘Accessing Cinema Memories Through Pervasive Media’, ARLIS (Art Library Society) UK & Ireland Annual Conference July (invited, plus fee and expenses).